Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Water is 2"-3" deep now, during thaws and after heavy rains the water flows over the bridge up to 6"-12". It seems there are 6 sections of railroad track spanning the creek set into the poured abutments. I do not know if the span was set there or poured in place. Big ancient snapping turtles live under the bridge. An 18" long female wonders up the drive 150' and lays her eggs in holes she digs at the edge of the gravel driveway every June mid-month. The hatchling often get lost making thier way back to the water.
Had a small (12") snapper back by the shop last week heading back to the Cypress bay behind the house. Lots of frogs and minnows for him to dine on there.

First time up my favorite road this year and the first time it's hit 70. A few patches of snow at the top.
IMG_20240502_112710925.jpg
IMG_20240502_112751777_HDR.jpg

Got all three bikes out of the garage so I thought I’d take a couple of pics. First time out for the Moto Guzzi this year. Great bike to ride and light years ahead in overall performance over the other two, yet way behind when compared to new, higher tech designs. It still has that vintage look and feel that I enjoy. Once the Honda is gone I think the XS and MG are a good pair to keep.

CA8DBA2E-6B80-48AE-B17E-8FD22C4BA16C.jpeg

We had one heck of a freakish day here in the Northwest today...mid 80's!

Couldnt resist taking out one of the bikes that had no windshield on it cause were talking t shirt weather today!

So, I took out the crustier of my two 1980 Specials out. Ironically, its probably the best running & riding 650 out of all of them...it really is a nice bike except a lil "patina" here and there.

I was pretty strongly considering selling this one because, who really needs two twins of the same year/color? I know, I know....same thing with my two 75 RD350's. :laugh:

So far this Spring I've been doing pretty good....I sold a 72 XS-2 project to a fellow member on here, a 1980 Special project and a 1981 Special project all in the course of one weeks time. Thus, me considering selling one of the 1980's too.

After todays ride though, man I just dunno...such a nice rider, 63 miles just putting around the backroads of my neighborhood. Hate to see some kid chop it up. 😢

1715396650772.png

1715396698301.png

Last edited:
We had one heck of a freakish day here in the Northwest today...mid 80's!

Couldnt resist taking out one of the bikes that had no windshield on it cause were talking t shirt weather today!

So, I took out the crustier of my two 1980 Specials out. Ironically, its probably the best running & riding 650 out of all of them...it really is a nice bike except a lil "patina" here and there.

I was pretty strongly considering selling this one because, who really needs two twins of the same year/color? I know, I know....same thing with my two 75 RD350's. :laugh:

So far this Spring I've been doing pretty good....I sold a 72 XS-2 project to a fellow member on here, a 1980 Special project and a 1981 Special project all in the course of one weeks time. Thus, me considering selling one of the 1980's too.

After todays ride though, man I just dunno...such a nice rider, 63 miles just putting around the backroads of my neighborhood. Hate to see some kid chop it up. 😢

View attachment 325601
View attachment 325602
It ain't eatin' any hay. Why NOT keep it?

Second ride this year and the " Pushing an XS 650 " season had begun
Perfect weather Ran fine
Going home I entered a faster pace road
giving it throttle 80 % of full
say 5 miles
Coming to a Roundabout letting go of the throttler started to stumble
And Shutting down in the Roundabout
Out on an exit
Fuses OK ..got neutral light on -- Kicked with full choke
Started but ran bad mostly on left cylinder Not so far from home so the plan was to get home before dark having no tools with me.
1000 m stopp again and a second time 2000 m.
A short cut with footpath was closer to get home so I ended pushing it for a longer time
At the other side kicking again now it started -- OK lets try it ran OK as it Should
Rode home in low speed .
Parked it and have not done anything An electrical fault somewhere Shorting hot
I am guessing .Puuhhh ..hhh
Got exercise that day

Back